Episode 3: How I Healed Myself with Food

In this episode, I share a part of me that very few people know, it’s about my relationship with food.

To call it “unhealthy” would be an understatement I believe.

As always, you’re encouraged to share any feedback, or your personal story in the comments below. I read every single one, and will be engaging in this vital conversation. I look forward to hearing from you! Please share this podcast with anyone you feel it may serve (in love).

Lean in, DEEP BREATH, let the conversation begin!

16 comments

1. Naomi says:

Jah sun, you have a true gift for spoken word. I plan and prepare to listen, I look so forward to listening~babies tucked in, warm tea…. I experience an array of emotions throughout the podcast~ my mama heart hurts for little you. I want to go back in time and save that baby~ tell him, “you don’t have to eat it, I’ll fix a plate of fruit” as the story progresses I feel so happy and inspired by the way you are healing~ it brings the spirit of hope and upliftment. Finally, in the conclusion of the podcast~ I am looking at myself in the mirror knowing I too need to go back and heal. I know we all do. I give thanks for the generosity in sharing and being a light. Heart Opener!

• JahSun says:

Hi Naomi!

I’m so glad to hear this episode resonated. You’ve probably heard me say this before – but no one was coming to save me, but me. There’s POWER in that statement.

Sending love and light your way!

2. Cara says:

WOW. I was never truly punished with food. I used it for comfort and still do to this day. However when I was around 7 years old, we had sat down to dinner and my mom had put canned spinach on my plate. I ate some of it and then threw it up all over my plate. My step-dad (who I call my mom’s 2nd husband) told me I had to eat all of it. Yes, he meant what I just threw up. Well my will to NOT eat my puke, was stronger than his (or should I say my Mom’s). I sat there at the table for HOURS! Finally my mom let me get up from the table. I never ate spinach, canned, frozen or fresh for many years after that. I believe I was well in my 40’s before I ever tried fresh spinach. I now eat fresh spinach only and I like it. Thanks for sharing your life with us, JahSun.

• JahSun says:

Hi Cara,

Amazing how those hurtful memories get lodged in our brain (heart). I’m proud of you for finally loving spinach. Funny, that was one of the things frequently placed on my plate too. You just reminded me.

Thank you!

3. huisha says:

Jahsun!!!! Thank You so very much for your sheer openness!!! I love what you share here. Although I have never had any issues with food, your personal story/stories about your life is sooooo intensely inspirational. I have been motivated by these podcast to examine my own life and growing much further and on a much deeper level. I am so grateful that I’ve met you, even if it has only been through social media. You are the best! Luv your energy and your pure honesty in sharing what’s in your heart, your spirit, your Soul.
    Peace and Blessings,
    Afrisoulchild

• JahSun says:

Hi!

Thank you so much for this note. Soon as I saw the name at the bottom — I was like, “I know her!”. LOL!! I’m glad you’re finding the podcast useful. Much more to share.

Cheers ~

4. Mary Janosh says:

Jashun, You are such a sweet sweet spirit. I hate that you had such a rough personality to raise you (kinda). I’m so glad that you have learned to heal yourself. You definitely are that flower!! I will always follow your art and podcasts because everything you do gives me peace, even that silky voice..lol Always stay one with love!!

• JahSun says:

Hi Mary!

Awwwww. Don’t be, I’m not! I wouldn’t be me otherwise :).

I’m so happy that we’ve been connected through art all these years. Thank your sticking with me.

We have much further to go.

Love you ~

5. Jahzara says:

Wow, what a life journey, one can only imagine. You then and you today shows us the ability we have to triumph through any circumstance and challenges we come across as we grow. You are appreciated.

6. Sylvia Sage Smith says:

🙏🏼 JAH BLESSINGS MY BROTHER ❤️ I AM so sorry that you had to go through these things as a child, yet knowing where you are today, I can see that you are so strong and an OVERCOMER … JAH BE PRAISED …
    I also have had similar experiences as a child, though not nearly as severe as yours … yet I too have had issues with food my whole life … always using food to comfort me and as an escape … fighting overweight and body immage most of my life. And even though I lost the battle … I won the war … and at least my consciousness has become much more healthy …
    I respect and honor your art and your talents … thank you fir sharing your beauty and vulnerability … YOU ARE INDEED AN EVOLVED SOUL ❤️🙏🏼☺️ My love and respect I send to you ✨💫✨❤️💛💚✨💫✨